There’s nothing like a warm tortilla filled with fresh veggies, salsa, cheese, rice, and perfectly seasoned meat – vegan style. Add a refreshing beverage with a squeeze of lime and you’re in heaven!
These tacos are delicious, easy to assemble, and make great leftovers (can be stored for 5-7 days in the refrigerator). Best of all they are a crowd pleaser, satisfying both meat eaters and plant based foodies!
Wild rice isn’t really rice at all! It’s actually a long-grain marsh grass that is native to the United States which has been harvested by Native Americans for thousands of years. This grain has a pleasant nutty flavor and chewy texture, adding flavor and essential vitamins and minerals to these tasty tacos!
- 1 cup wild rice (I prefer Bob’s Red Mill Wild Rice)
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Combine rice and water in saucepan with tight fitting cover
- Bring to boil over high heat, stir once or twice, cover
- Reduce heat and simmer for approximately 50 minutes or until kernels puff open
- Drain any excess liquid and season with 2 tbsp olive oil and sea salt and black pepper
Wild rice can be left at room temperature for 6-8 hours or refrigerated for 5-7 days.
Taking little preparation time- cashew cheese can be made on the fly! Prefer almond cheese? Check out my recipe here.
- 1 cup raw cashew pieces (soaked for 2-4 hours)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 pinch sea salt and black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or high powered blender
- Pulse until cottage cheese texture is achieved (blend longer for a creamier consistency)
- If necessary, add water 1 tbsp at a time
Cashew cheese can be stored in an air-tight container and left at room temperature for 6-8 hours or refrigerated for 5-7 days.
Nut and Seed “Meat”
Easy to make, versatile, and savory.
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup flax-seed
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne powder
- Combine all ingredients into a medium sized mixing bowl
- Using your hands, toss and massage the seasonings onto the nuts and seed
Nut and seed mixture can be stored in an air-tight container and left at room temperature for 1-2 days, or refrigerated for up to 10 days.
- Using your choice of tortilla (or opting to use romaine lettuce leaves), place a generous spoonful of cheese in the middle of the tortilla.
- Add a spoonful of wild rice and nut and seed “meat”
Add your choice of toppings: chopped cabbage, lettuce, pico de gallo, avocado, etc.
Ready to create the life you’ve always wanted, break free from destructive habits, overwhelm, and anxiety? Work with me privately! Learn more by clicking here.